Sunday, February 10, 2013

Motivation??

People tell me all the time that they just can't get motivated to work out and they just don't know what to do. Now, a long time ago, when I would hear this, I would say to myself, "Ummm yeah? Well there's a word for that. It's called "lazy."" And then I would offer up some lame answer, pat myself on the back for being so good, and move on. (I KNOW, right? What the heck was my problem?) 
 Well, people still ask me about motivation a lot, but now I have a different answer. It's not that people aren't MOTIVATED so much as it is that people don't BELIEVE. Seriously, if I told you that I could guarantee that in one year you would lose X amount of pounds AND I could produce a picture of exactly what you would look like at the end of the year AND I could give you a little bottle of liquid that you could drink and it would give you a little taste of how awesome you would feel at the years end, you'd be motivated, Jack. (Sorry, Duck Dynasty reference)
  I think that most people who have trouble with their weight and have had a lifetime of dieting failures and starting and stopping with various exercise programs, just don't BELIEVE that what they are doing is actually going to make a difference. But it does. It DOES make a difference. It is a process and it takes time. But you just can't argue with science. If you move your body and eat good, clean, foods you will change the way you look and the way you feel.The changes that you CAN'T see usually come first: improved energy levels, better digestion, clearer thinking and a better mood. Then come the changes that you CAN see: clearer, brighter skin, improved muscle tone, better posture and of course, your shrinking size will eventually show up on the scale and the thinner you will need some new clothes in that closet!! Yes, it is hard at first.Yes, it feels like punishment at first. But it gets easier. And if you can just stick with it long enough to see those first results, you will be unstoppable. 
  I am motivated to work out and eat right because it is one of the few things that I actually have control over. I LOVE that I can actually manipulate to a great degree, what my body looks like and how I feel. And that is pretty awesome! So, keep going. Believe. It's working.
  Just keep going,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment