Friday, February 15, 2013

My 42 (my mistake.....actually 43) year old gams.....

My legs after the work out I almost didn't do! Sometimes, you just have to turn off your brain and get started. I have been working hard on muscle building lately. And it comes really hard for my entire lower body, so I try to hit it at least twice a week. Right now, one day focuses on glutes and quads and the other leg day focuses a little more on hamstrings and calves. I have also started hiking our hills right after my work out, and I think that it is helping me to keep from being too stiff. Of course, if I don't eat right and get in all of my calories and protein, all my hard work in the gym just doesn't show up like I want it too, so I have to watch that part of the puzzle as well.

The work out:
Leg extensions- light weight 2 sets of 30
Wide stance bar Squats- light weight to failure, heavy weight to failure
Close stance Dumbbell squat- 3 sets 10 (25#)
Walking dumbbell lunge- 3sets 10 (20#)
Glute/ham raise with loaded bar- 3 sets of 10
Plie' dumbbell squat-3 sets of 10
Jump squats- 3 sets of 10
Leg extensions- Drop set
Hills hike

I am starting to see some results in my legs, so I am pretty happy with these 42 (edit: when I wrote this post, I forgot I am 43) year old legs right now. :-) Whooot!
Just. Keep. Going.
~Melissa
Edit: I am 43!!!! Not 42. When did THIS happen? Oh well, I guess I am even happier with my old legs. :-) This is what it's like to be me, folks. This.Is.What.It's.Like.


No comments:

Post a Comment